Monday 14 January 2013

Week 1 : My crafting year & You'll Never Believe A Man Can Fly

I'm a week in to trying to make more things in 2013. Things haven't gone that well. I do have a few more supplies, I just lack in the ability to finish projects. Nothing changes then. Once again the excitement of trying new things has been suppressed by an overwhelming feeling of , 'You can't do this Jayne. Seriously, what's the point? Anything you'll make will be rubbish'. I'd call them voices but it's just a mentality in the form of a cloud hovering above my right shoulder. Poking my eardrum every single time I see a fantastically easy tutorial for craft. Honestly, it's beginning to bug me a little.


The best bargain I picked up this week was 3(ish) rolls of Tate Exhibition Wallpaper for £2.50. So I can cover a bunch of plain notebooks or try and find a decent chest of drawers to line. The paper is floral patterned pink. Quite girly for me but it's Tate gallery! Love.




I seem to have an abundance of card. About 6 packs of a4 in every single colour imaginable. Do I make gift boxes from them all or actually try and give greetings card making a go?

I could also spend my time making woollen pom poms. I have about 10 made up already. My aim is to try and make a rug out of them all. I just need to stock up on more wool.

Then there's here. This blog. I seem to have ideas on what to write all day long whilst I'm at work. I can't exactly make a start on posts there. Then I get home and NOTHING. No idea what to put. The little negative cloud on the shoulder descends. 'Nobody will read it. There's no point to it. You can't write anything near as good as everyone else you read'. It goes on.

I've tried painting, polymer clay crafting, drawing, writing, running, swimming and a whole host of other things to keep busy. Nothing sticks. I need a new adventure. Something that I can get rid of the demons with. What can I do?

2013 you aren't that much fun right now. Except for this;


One last thing before I sign off. I really hope all my twitter followers (well, a decent number of you) are reading 'You'll Never Believe A Man Can Fly' by my good friend Lee 'Budgie' Barnett . If you haven't seen any of the links I've RT'd then I suggest you go and read here. Once you're hooked, (believe me, you will be) you can buy the ebook for the extremely reasonable price of £4.99. What are you waiting for? I don't really ever go in for novels of this genre. I don't particularly like Superman or Spiderman. This novella is changing my view of this though. Every single part is alive in my imagination reading it and it's brightening up my lunchtimes. It's also a huge reason I'm seriously in need of a Kindle or ePub reader of somesort. My iPhone 4 screen isn't that easy to read from. Anyway, I'm rambling, go click those links. Go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test