Tuesday 26 January 2010

Shades of negative

I'll be the first to admit, I was never an A star student when it came to art at school. I find it incredibly difficult to be neat with my lines and logical shading. But I'm willing to keep trying. Back then, I'd just do what I could and make do. I remember one horrendous class where we drew fern leaves.I kept taking it back up to the teacher for 'analysis' and she'd tell me to go and sit back down and try to make the leaves look like they were coming off the plant more. (If I find that sketch book in the move next month I'll let you see) Part of my problem is that I'm a little heavy handed in basic outlining. I feel that if I can't see it then I can't work out how to shade it.
But I've kept on trying and these are just some of the little sketches I've done so far.
small shadinganime eyesweeping angel wingapple or an orange
If anyone has any tips on decluttering a very small room full of junk, then they would be very well received. I just can't work out how to sort it out without crying or/and running from it, screaming.
There's just so much of it. Twenty one years worth of books, photos, clothes, writing paraphernalia oh and maybe some action figures from a certain scifi drama.

I do need to get the polymer clay out again soon, but part of me wants to wait until I'm all settled in a new house with very little distraction and a cooker to use as I please. Sounds like heaven, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test