Tuesday 15 February 2011

She, she ain't real

I've finally gotten back into reading and my bank balance is poorer for it. But then I have been taking advantage of offers such as buy one, get one half price/free/£1. And then for buying 'The Times' I got one for cheaper than it should have been. Last weekend I finally managed to finish 'Welcome to My World' by Miranda Dickinson. I started it before Christmas, lost interest and became too busy to keep trying. Then with a nice few calm and quiet evenings, I was able to pick it up and finish it. I really liked it a second time round. It even caused me to go into 'character mourning' over the weekend once I finished it on Friday. I find this happens a lot with books I love. The characters become part of your life for that short while. No longer do you know what they are doing or thinking.

So now I'm stuck on what to start next. I bought 'The Brightest Star in the Sky' by Marian Keyes last week. A Colleague of mine did too, she's started it and read most of it so maybe it'd be a good idea to catch up with it and discuss it with her. I don't really get to do that often.

Drawing, painting and crafting seems to be on the back burner. Though I am hoping to go to a card workshop in May. Never been to one so it should be fun. Right after a wedding too. Hope it's sunny that day.

I seem to have aquired more notebooks but don't have anything to write in them. It's not even writers block, I just don't have any faith in writing something. As soon as I get an idea, I push it out my head because it's rubbish. Though nobody but me will ever read these things so what does it matter?

Because I had nothing to do last Wednesday evening, I also got to make a lovely Victoria Sponge. It was lush.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, love the cake.
    And YES, write in those bloomin' notebooks - write whatever comes into your head. Write what YOU'D like to read. Don't worry about what critics would say - remember, the boos always come from the cheap seats. <3

    ReplyDelete

Skimlinks Test