Monday 20 February 2012

Autobots...transform!

I did it. I made the Optimus Prime cake. And it went down well. I must learn never to rush making sponge cake though. I made the first layer without any problems. I then realised it wasn't thick enough but that I was running out of time. I rushed through the recipe and didn't separate the eggs or alternate between the flour and adding of milk. The second layer thus took longer to cook and was much heavier.

I had a slight accident with the ready to roll icing. (Thank you to Gem for suggesting ASDAs own brand). It tore a little round the back but I 'plastered' back together. By the time we cut the cake up into pieces it wasn't noticeable so nevermind.

My first attempt at an occasion cake :

The birthday boy blowing out the candles

 The transfer didn't quite stick properly but you get the idea of what it was supposed to look like. I didn't have the time or energy to put any buttercream designs around the edge. The inside layers of buttercream could have been a little thicker and less lumpier.

All things to practice at.

I would have written this sooner, I'm currently writing it from my sick bed to try and take my mind off bug I'm battling. I had hoped I'd be much more healthier in 2012, but so far, that hasn't happened. There just aren't enough fruit and vegetables in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test