Saturday 14 August 2010

The Designer and the Seamstress

Before I begin, I'd like to make you aware of the corner of the country that I live in. It's a small town in north Nottinghamshire. When we was younger the town had a lot more shops but due to it being a pretty rubbish place since the pits closed, they did too. Especially the old end of the town where my mother lives. It's only been in the last ten years that we had a chinese takeaway open. There's a post office that is well used but as a necessity.

Now, however there's a lovely little boutique opened. I've literally just got back from my first visit. Even in the rain, it's gorgeous. Full of pretty little unique pieces that are girly, but not pink and fluffy. Vintage chairs, handbags and bespoke dresses. What's this slice of heaven called? The Designer and the Seamstress. Sonia is just the most charming lady that I've met in a long time. You can tell what a passion she has for her shop and trade. She showed me the Bridesmaid dress that was being tried on later today for a client. It's black but so sophisticated. With a silver brooch on either strap.

The tables are strewn with gorgeous jewellery pieces. It's the room I'd love to have. Full, yet tidy. Where I could just come into, pick and piece and be ready for a day of being a lady of leisure. Oh when will that day come?

If anyone was in Nottingham on business or leisure, I'd certainly suggest a little trip out to Kirkby in Ashfield to peek at this amazing store. And then to tell all your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test