Sunday, 11 March 2012

This week I have mostly been eating...

Another Sunday evening, another chocolate free week has passed. The toughest part of giving up the sweet stuff seems to be actually remembering I can't eat it. I can avoid the whole bars of chocolate but I forget and find myself going to eat a pain au chocolate or a yogurt with Smarties in. My skin seems to have worsened since I quit too. So I'm refusing to believe that it was the reason behind getting spots. I am more inclined to think that the amount of white wine I've consumed on 3 nights this week is more to blame. Going to be using my Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox mask a couple of nights in the week to come. It certainly seems to five life to my skin when it's feeling a little under the weather.

Not eating chocolate has meant my diet has been slightly improved and varied. No more McDonald's and KFC. More M&S Spanish chicken and Carluccio's Ni├žoise Salad.

Tonight I took the bull by the horns and tried cooking something new to me. Sea Bass. I picked up a whole one from the supermarket this afternoon. After a few deep breaths and much research using YouTube videos, I gutted it. I scaled it. I just didn't do it well. One of the fins actually made me bleed after it caught my thumb. Then I couldn't remove the guts behind the gills. So I just chopped off it's head. I didn't want to do it that as it looks more impressive with it's head. But by now it was just awful and hacked to bits. 

I then slashed the top of it and put in some chopped lemon grass. Inside I put a layer of Maldon salt and put ground black pepper over the top of it. I chopped up some garlic finely and once the fish was sat on an oily piece of foil, I threw the garlic over and in it. 

After placing it on a baking tray I added some sweet potato and carrot around the edge. More oil thrown on and it's in the oven for 20 minutes @ 200c. In the last 5 minutes start the sauce. A knob of butter, some crushed garlic and a good glug of lemon juice. Heat the butter gently then add the garlic. When that's taken add in the lemon juice. 

Remove the fish once the 20 min is up and leave it to rest for 5 minutes. 

Chuck it on a plate and this is what it should be like.

Go careful as the bones are still in it. I wasn't sure whether to remove the spine or not. I now feel full up and sleepy. Especially after the slimline G&T that accompanied it. 

I'm not an amazing chef but this is what I like to try and eat. It was yummy if a little too garlic-y. 

I intend to try and get on the scales this week. I don't feel like I've lost a pound so I could do with a kick up the backside. More cardio less couch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test